auros: (Default)
[personal profile] auros
A photo of this waterfall, in more or less this same condition, was part of how I originally pitched the idea of going to Spain for our honeymoon. As I recall, Xta asked me whether there would be any snow in Spain, so I went googling for photos with "Spain ice", "Spain snow", and "Spain winter"...

Las Cascadas del Río Cuervo

Obviously the person is included in this photo solely to give you a sense of scale, not because it was totally awesome to creep out and touch the giant 9-foot-long icicles.

When we were starting the hike, there was a family (British?) coming back down. Their daughter, who was probably about 10 or 12, was carrying a javelin-length icicle in her mitten. Now that's parenting I approve of.

Date: 2012-02-18 08:52 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cyan-blue.livejournal.com
That she is! :)

Date: 2012-02-18 06:04 pm (UTC)
ext_174465: (Default)
From: [identity profile] perspicuity.livejournal.com
they took an icicle? geez, those are endngered :)

#

Profile

auros: (Default)
auros

October 2020

S M T W T F S
    123
456789 10
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 11th, 2026 01:45 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios